Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"If you want to understand me, watch my movies."

wow! my 100th post. Woulda gotten here much earlier if I hadn't been so lax and busy.

I guess it's apropo that my 100th post be about Movies.

Here's a movie meme I found.


TOP 3 MOVIE MEME (not in any specific order, I just did them alphabetically)

The same movie can appear in more than one category.

Top 3 Favorite Action Movies:
1. Die Hard
2. Dirty Dozen
3. Reservoir Dogs
Top 3 Favorite Animated Movies:
1. Finding Nemo
2. The Incredibles
3. Toy Story
Top 3 Favorite Biographical Movies:
1. Man on the Moon
2. The Rookie (not the one with Charlie Sheen, the one with Dennis Quaid)
3. Walk the Line
Top 3 Favorite Classic Movies:
1. Best Years of Our Lives
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Stalag 17
Top 3 Favorite Courtroom Dramas:
1. A Few Good Men
2. Inherit the Wind
3. Twelve Angry Men
Top 3 Favorite Documentaries:
1. Moonshot
2. One Day in September
3. (Can't think of a 3rd)
Top 3 Favorite Dramas:
1. American Beauty
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Sideways
Top 3 Favorite Historical Movies:
1. Gettysburg
2. JFK (ok, maybe not completely historical)
3. The Right Stuff
Top 3 Favorite Horror Movies:
1. Signs
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Sixth Sense
Top 3 Favorite "Juvenile" Comedies:
1. Animal House
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
3. The Naked Gun
Top 3 Favorite Musicals:
1. Fiddler on the Roof
2. Sound of Music
3. West Side Story
Top 3 Favorite Romantic Comedies:
1. The Apartment
2. Four Weddings and a Funeral
3. Keeping the Faith
Top 3 Favorite Science Fiction Movies:
1. Frequency
2. Star Trek: First Contact (By far the best of the 10 Star Trek movies)
3. Star Wars (all 6, I know it's cheating)
Top 3 Favorite Sports Movies:
1. *61
2. Fever Pitch
3. Seabiscuit
Top 3 Favorite Superhero Movies:
1. Spiderman 2
2. Unbreakable
3. X-Men
Top 3 Favorite Thrillers:
1. Memento
2. Silence of The Lambs
3. Leon
Top 3 Favorite Trilogies:
1. Die Hard
2. LOTR
3. Star Wars
Top 3 Favorite War Movies:
1. Black Hawk Down
2. Gettysburg
3. Saving Pivate Ryan
Top 3 Favorite Westerns:
1. Dances With Wolves
2. Rio Bravo
3. Unforgiven


I tag Stacey, Jack, dot co dot il, Kasamba and Elie because i doubt they will all have time to do this since it's a long meme.

Have a great day

J.

Quote from Chaplin (1992)

------------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

8 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger tafka PP said...

Just as well you didn't tag me- I wouldn't know where to stick half my faves. Seriously, which category would "Aliens" be under?

And interesting to note that your fave Animations are all recent films which you saw as an Adult... No Bambi?!

 
At 1:20 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

first of all, i didnt tag you because I knew that there was no chance that you would do this since I know you hate meme's.

second I will always remain a kid at heart. Plus as an adult, we have much better understandings of animated movies. Pixar animators are our age and they throw in many poular culture references to our own childhoods.

Never really liked Bambi. (Not a venison fan) ;)

J.

 
At 4:11 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks for the tag!! And I will prove you wrong!

 
At 5:43 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

PP: BTW, Aliens goes under Science Fiction, Horror and/or Action

Many movies can be classified in different genre's so classify as u see fit.

Stacey: I knew you'd be up for the challenge!

J.

 
At 7:00 PM, May 30, 2006, Blogger Elie said...

I'll get to it soon, but I can't promise I won't duplicate at least some of yours!

 
At 1:19 AM, June 01, 2006, Blogger Vile Blasphemer said...

What the?

Dances With Wolves
Rio Bravo
Unforgiven


No Sergio Leone? For shame!

 
At 6:11 AM, June 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is a lot of Movies JC! But how can you tell the difference between an aciton movie and a thriller? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

 
At 6:55 PM, June 03, 2006, Blogger Chris Gaubatz said...

FYI...Signs is not a horror movie. I encourage you to watch actual horror movies before putting a list together. Just a thought. My dog (trashcan odorous jr) put together an outstanding top ten list for horror movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats