Powered by WebAds

Thursday, May 25, 2006

"It is a pleasure to see you, your excellency, and I would be honored to expedite your clearance through security."




As I'm sure you already noticed, I haven't had much time or the inclination to post much this week. Today, I got to work and told myself that I would have to think of a topic to write about because it's about time.

I just couln't think about anything until I received a phone call from my brother a few hours ago. He went to Europe on a business trip and got back to Israel early this morning.

His first comment to me was "don't even think about trying to leave the country while the injunction is still in effect" (I don't recall if I mentioned this yet, but since the separation, my STBex got a court injunction barring me from leaving the country for 1 year and Jcop Jr. can't leave until he's 18...don't ask I can rant about that for a while if I chose to.)

Anyway...

My brother told me that he received a little extra "attention" from ElAl security both on his way to Europe and on his way back.

On the way there, they only asked him if he had any children and what their ages were. He answered and then they let him thru.

On the way back, they took him aside and first asked the children question and then things got a bit interesting...

"Do you have any siblings living in Israel?"
"yes, a brother"
"whats his name?"
"J-cop"
"and where does Jcop live?"
"I actually don't know" (laughing)
"What do you mean that you don't know where your brother lives?"
"Well, he use to live in xxxxx, but he's now in the process of getting divorced and doesn't live in a set place. He moves around a lot."
"ah"
"BTW, why are you asking me these strange questions? I've never been asked these things before."
"Your last name is red flagged"
"oooookay"
"Have a nice flight"


Now we obviously don't have any real proof that the extra questioning was due to my "situation", but after having spoken to a number of people who fly regularly, this seems a bit out of the ordinary.

Shabbat shalom

J.

Quote is from Battlefield Earth (2000)


------------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

6 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger kasamba said...

Wow!
You've been flagged!
Now you are a SOMEBODY.

 
At 10:39 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

according to the Israeli border authorities.... not really the list I WANTED to be on.

:)

J.

 
At 11:38 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Stacey said...

Dang, I can't believe you are red-flagged. Like a criminal!

 
At 1:11 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

yep, thats me. the criminal who's only crime is having dual citizenship....

Thanks for stopping by Stacey

J.

 
At 3:09 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger tafka PP said...

Maybe it's because of your close connection with someone called "Jameel"- or even the Iranian president.

 
At 3:26 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

that would mean that you would be on the list too Parrot since you're one degree closer to that Iranian nut than I am.

shabbat shalom

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats