Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation"

If I knew how to put a video on my blog, I woulda, but instead I'll just link to the very nostaligic video clip on Jack's Shack. For all of you who grew up in the 70's and 80's, you'll probably recognize most of the references.

Here are the lyrics:

19 something by Mark Wills

I saw Star Wars at least 8 times
Had the pac-man pattern memorized
And I've seen the stuff they put inside
Stretch Armstrong

I was Roger Stauback back in my back yard
Had a shoebox full of baseball cards
And a couple of Evil Kinevil scars
On my right arm
Well, I was a kid when Elvis died
And my mama cried

Chorus:
It was 1970- something
In the world that I grew up in
Farrah Faucett hair-do days
Bell bottoms and 8-track tapes
Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh, man did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
It was 1970-something

It was the dawning of a new decade
When we got our first microwave
And Dad broke down and finally shaved
Those sideburns off
I took the stickers off of my Rubix cube
Watched MTV all afternoon
My first love was Daisy Duke
In them cut off jeans
A Space Shuttle fell out of the sky
And the whole world cried

Chorus:
It was 1980-something
In the world that I grew up in
Skating rinks and Black Trans Ams
Big hair and parachute pants
Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh, man did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
It was 1980-something

Now I got a mortgage and an SUV
But all this responsibility
Makes me wish sometimes
Sometimes....

chorus:
It was 1980-something
In the world that I grew up in
Skating rinks and Black Trans Ams
Big hair and parachute pants
Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh, man did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
It was 1980-something

1970-something
Aw, it was 19-Something



------------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

8 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

JCop -

That was great. While I usually don't enjoy trips to the US, I love listening to classic 80's music.

--Jameel

 
At 4:36 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger Babka said...

Wow. That almost made me cry. And smile and laugh at the same time. Isn't it funny how you can miss something you never even knew?

 
At 4:50 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

What do you think we'll be singing about ten years from now? You got to love the 80's!

 
At 10:18 AM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

This is just proof that you are old. ;)

 
At 12:37 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

Jameel- they probably have an 80's cafe somewhere (probably not as cool as the one in Back to the Future 2) so you can at least enjoy your trips

Chaveleh - Thats the same reason people still enjoy watching classic movies and even listen to music from the 40's and 50's.

Yosef- For Generation X, nothing will ever compare to teh 80's

Jack - Since I'm pretty sure that I'm younger, what does that say about you? na-na

:)

J.

 
At 4:14 PM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow, that really brought me back to a time that seemed like yesterday, but (gulp!) unfortunately was many years ago! Sigh.

 
At 12:28 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger kasamba said...

As I said on Jacks blog, I really thougth I recognised myself in the video clips!
I really miss hairspray and shoulder pads!

 
At 10:05 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

J,

You're definitely younger, but don't rub it in because Stacey hates to be reminded of her age. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats