Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Ronald Reagan? The actor? [chuckles in disbelief] Then who's VICE-President? Jerry Lewis?"

Check out Jameel's post about the Mondial (World Cup), has a great Simpson's clip.

While reading the comments to his blog, RockofGalilee wrote "I explained to my kids that mondale was the guy who lost to Reagan, and anything that is boring and can't hack it in the US is exciting to the rest of the world."

This reminded me of a funny story I heard a few years back.

A cousin of mine works for a big Japanese Company and is one of the top American's in the company. He was taking Walter Mondale to a conference or dinner from the Corporation and after Mondale was picked up from the airport (I think JFK), he was brought to my cousin's house so that they could go together to the dinner. While there, my cousin introduced him to his children including his young daughter.

The following day, my cousins got a phone call from their daughter's teacher asking for an urgent meeting. They met with the teacher who requested that they have a long discussion with their daughter, because apparently, she is a telling lies, she even told everyone in the class that she met former VP, Walter Mondale.

The teacher's jaw is still open all these years later after hearing that it was true.



Who can guess what movie this posts quote is from?

J.


------------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

6 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Doc said it - in Back to the Future (episode I).

My latest post on the World Cup is even better....

 
At 4:26 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Elie said...

That's one of my favorite movie quotes! Back in the prehistoric "netnews" days, I used it as my ".sig".

 
At 5:30 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger The Town Crier said...

Cute story

 
At 8:39 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

u got it Jameel

Elie: BTTF is such a great movie on so many levels. Glad I could make you happy with just a quote ;)

Town Crier": Thanks for stopping by.


J.

 
At 10:10 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Jim said...

good story, poor little kid being doubted like that, teachers will be teachers.

 
At 8:18 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I would have offered my guess but I am a little late to the party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats