Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 26, 2005

"You're getting brutal, Sark. Brutal and needlessly sadistic"

While browsing thru the listing in this weeks Haveil Havalim I came across an article published by Batya last Thursday. In this article, there is a link to a very important video. This video is an account of what happened on Beit Adegalim in October 2005. On that day a group of Children were forcebly removed from the area during a peaceful demonstration.

The video shows some of the brutal tactics that the police used during this "evacuation". We hear accounts from some of the kids severly injured during the demonstration. There is also some actual video footage of how the police treated these kids.

Once again in my life, I am ashamed of having worn that same uniform. The Isreali Police are suppose to be the protectors of Israel against our enemies, not to fight against us using such tactics.

If only the Police and Army used their power and brute against our real "enemies" when they have violent demonstrations as oppose to the non-violent ones we on the right use.


Still waiting for any guesses on yesterday's movie quote. Enjoy today's quote.


J.

-----------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. – Abraham Lincoln

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

does your boss at IDT, know what you do all day??? :)

 
At 3:52 PM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

J-cop: Looney Tunes - Bugs Bunny.

 
At 1:01 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger westbankmama said...

Jerusalemcop - I don't think that you should be ashamed. G-d puts us in different places for a reason, although sometimes we don't know why.

After I became religious, and started wearing more modest clothing, I was very embarassed by the "skimpy uniform" I used to wear - so much so that I ripped up some pictures of myself. (My mother, a'h, was not amused).

Now I regret that - I can't prove to my husband that once upon a time I was a babe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats