Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Damn, Yankees


Just to take a short break from Israel related postings....

For all of you New Yorkers (or ex-New Yorkers) who are Yankees fans. Early this morning, the Yanks signed former Boston Red Sox Center Fielder Johnny Damon to a 4 year $52 million contract. Adding Damon to the already formidable Yankee lineup might help keep the Yanks in the mix next season.

The starting lineup roster as it currently stands:
1. Damon CF
2. Jeter SS
3. A-Rod 3B
4. Sheffield RF
5. Giambi 1B
6. Matsui LF
7. Williams DH
8. Posada C
9. Cano 2B

The Red Sox made a big mistake letting this one go and if they end up trading Manny, they are really lost.

I apologize to all my non-baseball fan readers, but this is big news in the only sport I have followed since comng to Israel 15 years ago.

Most Israelis don't get (understand) baseball and you can imagine what kinda reactions I got from fellow cops whenever I would mention baseball.


Go Yanks and good luck with the haircut, Johnny :)

Thanks for reading....



----------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, December 21, 2005, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

thanks DM

 
At 3:02 PM, December 21, 2005, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

J-cop: Thanks for Bronx Bombers update. made my day ;-)

 
At 5:39 PM, December 21, 2005, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I am a Dodgers fan first, followed by my allegiance to the Angels.

It looks like the curse has been resurrected. We may not see the Sox win another series in our lifetimes and G-d willing the Celtics will never win again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats