Powered by WebAds

Saturday, February 11, 2006

"They're experts! Experts, Bob! Exploiting every loophole! Dodging every obstacle! They're penetrating the bureaucracy!"

Just a quick post this evening to update everyone on my quest to get my son US citizenship

Yesterday morning, we once again made the journey to the US Embassy in Tel Aviv and hope that our luck had changed.

This time, in addition to my 5 yearbooks, (which would prove that I was in the states for only 5 days) I brought copies of ALL my report cards from kindergarten through twelfth grades. (I still can't understand why my mom woulda saved these over the years, which doesnt mean that I'm not grateful----Thanks mom).

The consul who "waited" on us was very pleasant to work with and she even thanked me for having everything in order and making the process move more smoothly.

We finished in record time and I'm even contemplating withdrawing my insults last week on American Bureaucracy.....Nahhhhhh

J-cop Jr. should be getting his US passport in about 2-3 weeks, I'll keep you updated.

On a side note, I had the honor (and humor) of overhearing someone else's arguments with one of the consuls over whether this man's house really burnt down and destroyed his school files. The consul didnt believe him because he said that he has always lived in the same house since he moved to Israel. He then mentioned that there was a fire and the documents were consumed and then the consul wanted to know why he lied about living in the same house all these years. The man then said that it wasnt the whole house that burnt down, just the study which had the documents in it.

I dont know why they assume that everyone will try and lie in order to try and prove that your child deserves US citizenship.

Shavua Tov

J.


------------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, February 12, 2006, Blogger JoeSettler said...

Don't forget to get his social security number too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats