Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 16, 2006

"His own quotes are his greatest pleasure."

I have been very lax lately stating who each quote belongs to, so here is the list since the last time I updated it.

Thanks to Elie for getting me to do this. (Life has been busy lately, and sometimes you just need a slight kick in the butt to get moving, thanks Elie).

J.



Jan 8th - "Afraid facts mixed up" - Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid.

Jan 8th - "That Freud stuff's a bunch of hooey" - Spellbound.
-Guessed by Litvshe, but he never claimed his prize.

Jan 9th - "Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God" - Jules in Pulp Fiction.
Ze'ev got that one, but has yet to claim his prize

Jan 11th - "I'll have that thirty-two Bob" - Little Bill in Unforgiven.
JoeSettler got that one and he posted a few days later

Jan 12th "Well how come we're the only one marching every Friday night 12 miles full pack in the pitch dark" - Band of Brothers.

Jan 15th "You want to do my job? Be my guest" from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Jan 15th "Police! Move and I'll kill you" from Beverly Hills Cop.

Jan 16th (located at The Muqata) "I can runaway and I can go to the ocean, I can go to the country, I can go to the mountains. I could go to Israel" from The Breakfast Club.
Truth got that one and I'm still waiting for his guest blog

Jan 17th - "How dare you! When I came home, there was a man in my house" from The Fugitive".
Litvshe got that one too!!

Jan 17th - "Ah, there's always a catch" from Beyond Rangoon.
Thats 3 for Litvshe

Jan 18th "You're late, do you have no concept of time?" from Back to the Future.

Jan 18th "There are stories of coincidence and chance, and intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows?" from Magnolia

Jan 19th -"I have seen the oppression of my people in Egypt and have heard their cry for deliverance." God in Prince of Egypt.

Jan 19th "Keep an eye on the new guy, he looks good" from Street Fighter 2.

Jan 24th "This was to be a "private" meeting... I mean, who are these men" from Robin Hood: men in Tights

Jan 25th "Rabbi, we've been waiting for the Messiah all our lives. Wouldn't now be a good time for him to come?" from Fiddler on the Roof .
Elliott Cahan got that one and posted a guest blog a few days later.

Jan 29th - Guest blog from Elliot Cahan - No movie quote
Jan 30th - Guest blog from JoeSettler - No movie quote

Jan 30th - "I suppose there'll be a war now, hmm? All that running around and shooting at one another. You would have thought sooner or later it'd go out of fashion." from Babylon 5: The Gathering

Feb 2nd - "You hypocrite! What right do you have to judge another man's beliefs" from Inherit the Wind. One of my favorite plays of all time.

Feb 3rd "But that's impossible. How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?" from Star Wars.

Feb 5th "It's easier to be killed by a terrorist than it is to find a husband over the age of 40!" from Sleepless in Seattle.

Feb 7th "Maybe back in the days of the pioneers a man could go his own way, but today you got to play ball" from From Here to Eternity.

Feb 9th "I don't know what the problem is, but I'm sure it can be solved without resorting to violence." from Twins.

Feb 11th "They're experts! Experts, Bob! Exploiting every loophole! Dodging every obstacle! They're penetrating the bureaucracy!" from The Incredibles.

Feb 12th "This is an OUTRAGE! A VILE piece af slander! I demand to know the source of these allegations!" from King Ralph.




Next time, I'll try to do this more frequently than once a month.

J.
------------------------------------------------
The possibility that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
– Abraham Lincoln

6 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Elie said...

Thanks! Should have known some more of those. From now on I will comment with my guesses.

 
At 11:54 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Those are some good quotes, a few that really sing.

 
At 1:25 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger the sabra said...

walla! so everytime i saw a comment by a jerusalem cop, my stomach lurched. who likes cops in israel?? (side story-last week was waitin for a tremp somewhere between netanya and tzefat, and yelled at a police car speeding by "mish ta ra ra ra" [a rather odd, childlike, stupid, immature chant that ive begun using since amona] and the cop actually stopped his car, backed up and began to harass my friend and I. thank gd he got sidetracked by some illegal chareidi..anyhow) then i checked out your blog (only in order to spam it) and was reading with a skeptical look on my face, until i noticed ur subtitle. and now i smile with relief.
thank you mr policeman.

 
At 7:51 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

94 hits! 94 hits the day i post this and only 3 ppl to thank for commenting.

Elie: feel free to comment even when you dont have a clue. :)

Jack: always welcome your comments. the trick is to see how the quote really rings true about the post.

Sabra: your welcome and thank you for not spamming. Come back and comment soon

J.

 
At 10:06 AM, February 19, 2006, Blogger The Cahans in Israel said...

how in the world do you remember all these quotes? do you have the same ability with quotes from the talmud?

 
At 10:15 AM, February 19, 2006, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

remember???? who are u again???? :)

some of them I recall parts of the quote and then look them up, some others I "research" once I decide on what to blog about

Thanks for stopping by Elliott.

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats