Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Welcome to the World of Blogs

Well after a short while being a voyeur in the blog world, I have decided to finally start posting my own blogs.

First, a (little) bit about myself: I am a former Israeli Police Officer who quit my job once I saw that the Disengagement was going to really happen and I would be forced to displace my fellow Jews from their homes. I have since found a job in a field that allows me to help make the world (and future) a better place for us and our children.

I do not regret making that life changing decision, because I now have a clear conscience and any financial hardship that quitting caused me was worth being able to sleep at night.

All in all, the move has had a very positive effect on my life; my wife and kids see me more often, I work a normal shift 9-5 every day and I am now ALWAYS off on Shabbat and holidays. In the police, the shifts I worked varied every day and every week. I was only home for an entire Shabbat once a month and on that Shabbat, I would have to work on Friday til
3pm and then be on duty Saturday night from 8pm until 7am.

And if you want to talk about Holidays... national holidays were mandatory work days (Yom Ha'atzmaut) and regular chagim fell into the normal pool of shifts, so the odds were good that I usually wasn't home for an entire chag.

Don't assume that this means that I disliked my job in the Police. Au contraire, I loved the work, the adrenaline push chasing suspects or trying to solve a crime and the feeling that I was serving my country, my homeland. That all changed with the Disengagement, I felt cheated and ashamed to be a representative of a gov't that was willing to spit on it's own loyal citizens who were living on the front lines against terror, showing the world that we as Jews have the right to live anywhere in our own land.

Hope you enjoy my blog.


16 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger JoeSettler said...

Wow.

This looks like it's going to be a real exciting blog to read.

Good luck.

 
At 1:16 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

JC: Welcome to the JBlogosphere - glad you joined the party!

One word of caution - watch out for JoeSettler's academic wit. He'll bore you every time!

 
At 1:26 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger JoeSettler said...

But don't worry about Jameel's biting wit. It turns out that his teeth are pretty dull.

 
At 1:47 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Ze'ev said...

JerusalemCop, I 3rd the welcome extended by Jammel and Joe, while Joe may be academic, Jameel and I are "radicals" - so all in all, you're in good company.

Looking forward to reading your future posts.

 
At 1:56 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

Ze'ev: I also have an academic background, so I should be able to follow Joe's rants. I can also ignore him if need be ;)

Jameel, you look quite familiar...did I ever arrest you at some point trying to get onto the Temple Mount?

Joe: Thanks for the free advertisement.

 
At 2:01 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger JoeSettler said...

You know, this academic thing needs to stop right here and right now.

I am not an academic. I don't write like an academic, and this is turning into an epidemic.

So, no more.

Cease and desist, or I'll have JerusalemCop put you in handcuffs and lock you in his basement

 
At 2:49 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Joe: When you stop using the line that I was "trolling for girls in college" I'll consider ending my "academic" rants at you.

JC: It wasn't at the Temple Mount...it was in south central Ramalla. Don't you remember? I was the one in the Kafiyya?

 
At 3:01 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

the white one with the black and red checkered lines on it???

 
At 4:35 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger JoeSettler said...

OK.

We're ready for the next post.

 
At 10:21 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

JC: No silly...the orange one.

 
At 9:48 AM, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, copper. :-)

Now I think you have this 'where you arrested who' thing all mixed up - it was probably me that you didn't arrest [although you should have] when I was going onto the Temple Mount...

As you mentioned, even with all of your 'extensive cop training and methodology', a good disguise is useful, but I didn't use one - most people just have a problem recognising the truth... [which is suprising, because in your personal case, you did and now are an ex-cop]...

Peace brother,

Truth.

 
At 6:35 PM, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys and your silly pseudonyms...

You should try putting your real names out there. While we are at it, check out my latest work at http://AdamsBootlegFunnies.on.to


Adam

 
At 9:47 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger ifyouwillit... said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, I am looking forward to reading. I also admire you quitting your job for your priciples. Shavua Tov (bet it's great not to be working!)

 
At 10:05 AM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Welcome

 
At 6:57 PM, December 20, 2005, Blogger westbankmama said...

Wow, I had a few minutes and just checked out your blog, and it looks great so far. (And here I was thinking that I was the only newbie blogger on the block.)

Kol HaKavod for quitting your job. I hope that Hashem sends you only blessings.

 
At 1:05 AM, December 25, 2005, Blogger Avi Green said...

Kol Hakavod from me too. I'll have to think about using this template for my own blog as well, because it's by far the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats